Call Us


Once I have a non payment of rent judgment, can I accept partial payment on the judgment?

Posted on : November 9, 2015, By:  Jeremy Piper
Viewed 1629 Times 1 Comments

If your judgment allows partial payment (generally this is the default setting) you can accept any amount and still get an Order of Eviction (“writ”) if the full balance is not paid.  However, if a tenant pays most of the judgment (75 – 95%) some judges will not allow the writ. You must indicate how much you have accepted when you file for the writ. If you do accept partial payment, you should make it clear to the tenant that you are not extending the time frame and that you will get the writ if they do not pay in full. You should do this in writing. Be careful, you cannot add any new amounts to the judgment, like the new month of rent.

Was this answer helpful ? Yes (0) / No (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.